Since 1993, The Choi Kwang Do Master Academy has provided its members with a road map to success based on self-defense, confidence and goal-setting skills.
741 Riverway Drive, Thuringowa Central, Townsville , Queensland 4817
I remember when I commenced my formal training after I left school, feeling uncertainty about beginning martial arts. I wondered if I had what it took to succeed and I wasn’t the most athletic or confident person - quite the opposite. However, it was a great and positive change to my life given all the negative peer pressures that teenagers and young adults are exposed to. Beginning my martial arts journey was one of the most profound experiences of my life!
When I opened my school in 1993, I made a commitment to serving and empowering the community of Townsville by teaching children and adults the confidence, leadership, and fitness skills that can only be achieved through martial arts.
• 490 Square Metre 2 story building with 3 large training floors (2 on the ground floor)
• Mats for Maximum Safety
• Climate-Controlled Training Room & Waiting Area
• Open Seating for Parents & Spectators
• Complimentary Wi-Fi
• Men's & Women's Locker Rooms
• Equipped for Special Events Such as Workshops, Parties & Seminars
• Street, on-site, and rear access parking available
• Private adult teens training area, with gym equipment and bags
• Refitted with new floors and equipment at end of 2018 to commemorate 25yrs since founding choi kwang do in Australia
• A great array of bags and training equipments provided
• Comfortable open seating for parents
• Tuck shop & free wifi
• Changing rooms & personal item pidgeon holes
• Equipped for Special Events Such as Workshops, Parties & Seminars with floor to ceiling screen & projector
• On-site kitchenette oven grill microwave
• Central location
• 2 minutes walk from major shopping centre, cinema theatre, restaurants ,riverway park & lagoons
We focus on the personal development aspect of martial arts, not just self-defense moves.
Our instructors are all certified black belts, qualified, and professionally trained to teach martial arts.
Our facility is always clean and features a viewing area for parents, as well as matted floors throughout.
Choi Kwang Do is the style of martial arts practiced by The Choi Kwang Do Master Academy students. Choi Kwang Do is considered to be the most effective martial arts system in the world. It uses natural, easy-to-learn, sequential movements that will enhance your health as you learn self-defense. It uses sequential movement to transfer natural energy from one body segment and allows muscle groups to work intricately together to produce the most effective and powerful movements.
The journey from White Belt to Black Belt is one of incremental learning and skill development, that students of any age and fitness level can embark on.